Are you unaware of what Google’s algorithm focuses on with every update? There is no need to knock on the doors of many blogs, as this one will tell you everything. Getting updated with the recent Google algorithm updates impacts how you create content.
This helps in getting a better search engine presence and rankings, as well as an improved user experience.
While those with zero knowledge of Google algorithm updates fail to deliver quality content.
You must be eager to know about the recent Google algorithm updates for 2023. Keep this blog open on your screen, as you will learn everything about recent algorithm updates.
We will help you find the recent updates that happened in 2023.
What are Google’s algorithms?
- You have seen that websites with good SEO rank well in search engine results. Now, how was that found? Which website has to be ranked at the top and which at the bottom?
- Google comes with a data system that helps in retrieving the data from its search index. Then it delivers the best possible results that the user has requested.
- Now, it uses a certain set of rules called algorithms that are used to rank websites in the search engine results pages.
- The algorithm for ranking websites is mostly based on quality and performance. The set of rules also encounters the user’s point of view about which website is most relevant to their searches.
- Earlier, updates were not a regular thing for Google. But with the rise of technology, the algorithm keeps maintaining its update policy.
- And so, we will let you know the most recent Google algorithm updates that have been made.
The Most Recent Google Algorithm Updates in 2023
Here are some of the best and most confirmed recent Google algorithm updates, starting in 2023.
September 2023: Helpful Content Update
- Here come the most recent Google algorithm updates, which make three major changes. However, the release date is said to be after the next two weeks.
- This is said to be the first helpful content update of the year, as the last update was released in December 2022.
- Those unaware of Google’s helpful content should know this. It mainly focuses on quality content, although it should not be in the top search results. The ultimate motive is to present content that is helpful for the audience. It works along with other ranking systems.
- As said, the helpful content system comes with three changes to look out for:
- Google focuses on original content.
- Displaying third-party content on their official website
- Helpful Content: Self-Assessment Guidance Updates
Google focuses on original content.
This first revelation will surely strengthen the content creation process. Google will now, after its helpful content update, rank original content ahead of AI-generated content. This update comes with a system signal that immediately filters out machine-generated content. The ultimate motive is to focus on originality rather than AI tools for providing content to real users.
Displaying third-party content on their official website
Another helpful content update focuses on using the original content on the official websites.
Some websites, for better ranking, use third-party content on their subdomains or official websites. They think that the official website’s ranking power will help with subdomain ranking. Google has forbidden the idea of using third-party content on the official website. The recent change will greatly affect the ranks of websites with third-party content.
Helpful Content: Self-Assessment Guidance Updates
The third change is fully related to self-assessment while creating content. It should follow three things: reliable, helpful, and people-first content. You can see that the latest update is all about originality and creating content for the users only.
Some website owners simply change the publishing dates to recent ones, claiming it is a fresh one. Or while publishing content, you haven’t reviewed it by an expert who specializes in the industry. See, these things are at the top of the list in the recent updates just because people are relying more on AI content. Therefore, Google has prioritized the idea of generating original, reliable, and people-first content.
August 2023: Core Update
- Google are heading towards the broad core update that was rolled out in August 2022 and completed on September 7, 2022.
- This second core update of the year improves the search results of the websites. The update focuses on the websites that have relevant content, ensuring users get the most reliable and helpful content.
- This core update comes with a powerful system that immediately lowers the rank of the website. The reason is not focusing on the people-first content rather than only paying attention to the ranks.
- It has been claimed that some websites may certainly see a rise in their ranks, while others may lose them. However, the update is not for any specific websites losing ranks; websites can have a positive or negative impact as well.
- If your website, after this broad core update, has loosened ranks, know that the content wasn’t reliable enough. You need to focus more on quality content than just aiming to have good ranks.
- For websites that will suffer during the core update, Google has some recommendations to follow:
- You must work on the pages that are not up to the mark of the broad core update.
- Know the reason why the rankings are affecting certain parts of the website.
- Look at the questions that Google has raised in the update, and then compare your content.
This will help you gain better insights about where your content is lacking in this broad core update.
However, it has even been said that the changes may take a couple of months, even if you have made them better. And Google will again launch minor updates that will surely improve the rankings.
April 2023: Review Update
- Here’s the next vital recent Google algorithm update that impacts the review system. The update was started around April 12, 2022, and completed on April 25, 2023.
- The review update covers the overall reviews of products, services, games, movies, and other topics. The update will be helpful for those who rely more on customer reviews on their websites.
- This update will also have a great impact on search engine rankings. Ultimately, it aims to affect the user experience of your website.
- The update focuses on the user experience and search engine rankings for finding good information about any product.
- The motive of this review update mainly focuses on the overall quality of the content, providing helpful results. That means your content must deliver expertise. Evidence, drawbacks, and benefits of what you are aiming to show
- The ultimate motive should be an improved user experience resulting in good search engine rankings.
March 2023: Broad Core Update
- This broad core update seems to be the first one of the year. This broad core update has an impact on the overall content types concerning religion and languages.
- The intention is that Google will have improved systems to review content. The changes would affect the overall rankings, or they may have a positive impact.
- This broad core update focuses on the terms E-E-A-T, good user experience, and quality content.
- The term E-E-A-T refers to experience, expertise, authority, and trustworthiness
February 2023: Product Review Update
- The product review update mainly focuses on encouraging users to create quality content. Different languages are on the card to improve the user experience:
- English, Spanish, Dutch, Russian, Polish, French, and more to come
- Further, in April 2023, Google renamed it’s Product Review Update to “Product Reviews System.“
- The review system is specifically crafted to assess articles, blog posts, individual pages, or similar standalone content produced with the intent of offering recommendations, expressing viewpoints, or delivering analyses. It does not assess third-party reviews, such as those shared by users in the review sections of product or service pages.
- Reviews can encompass a single subject, side-by-side comparisons, or curated lists of suggestions. They can pertain to a wide range of topics, including product evaluations like laptops or winter jackets, critiques of media such as movies or video games, or assessments of services and enterprises like restaurants or fashion labels.
You must now be familiar with the recent Google algorithm updates that have been made in 2023.
You should know about this, as it totally impacts the content creation process. When you know what Google wants from your content, you can easily create this type of content. Here, we have made a list of recent updates that happened in 2023.
We have focused on the September, August, April, March, and February updates of the year. Every update has the overall goal of boosting the user experience and providing helpful content. According to these recent Google algorithm updates, implementing premium WordPress themes can be beneficial.