Are you exploring reliable and Popular Payment Gateways for your business website?
Now you are on the right way.
We have understood the importance of implementing payment gateways on a business site whether it runs on the Internet or not. Because from the days when everything was stopped and only the internet was supportive, at that time these gateways played a vital role in growing business through online transactions.
Online payments are a concept that has never faced a struggle to be a popular choice in the universe. It has become a brand just by the people who find it convenient instantly. You won’t have to carry cash for small or big transactions.
Once you install a payment application on any device you can simply complete the purchase for any items. If you are working on the websites, then utmost all the sites comprise the payment gateways embedded in it. Reliable gateways can let you ensure safe commerce.
Today, in this article, we are going to learn some most Popular Payment Gateways used in multiple web-based applications and on other platforms too.
First, we must gain some primary knowledge about the concept. People who are unaware of the concept can find it useful. You can also read our blog on the best woo-commerce payment gateways for WordPress for more details.
If yes, then let’s get started with the meaning of payment gateways.
What is a Payment Gateway?
Payment Gateway is an application that is used for secure online and offline financial transactions. It acts as a catalyst between the e-commerce platform and its payment interface. It is linked to your bank.
In short, when you perform an online transaction, the seller’s website transfers your amount detail to the gateway to verify the details. After this, the confirmed amount gets transferred to the seller’s bank account. There are also payment plugins for WordPress available for smooth gateways for your WordPress website.
These days, more than 85% of people prefer to use their cards with Popular Payment Gateways.
Importance of Payment Gateways
Paying for something is a must to do act. easy payment action is a convenience. If the payment gateways don’t exist completing the purchase online wouldn’t be successful, or else, as a shopper, you will need to verify the transaction separately with the bank which would be a time-consuming process.
Using payment gateways removes these complexities and makes your shopping process smooth and hassle-free. That’s why it is important to integrate payment gateways in business websites.
Salient Factors for picking the right payments gateway
Prior to going through the 7 Most Popular Gateways, it is important to go over the key considerations you must keep in mind when selecting your payment gateway provider.
Here are five things to think about when selecting a Payment Gateway provider:
- Security is the most important factor as it deals with the financial transactions.
- Payout Time for providing the accurate time framework
- Ease of integration with the UI without complexing the payment process.
- Must support multiple Currencies for global business expansion.
- Fees and Service Agreement requirements on the basis of business conduct
Top 7 Most Popular Payment Gateways
Our compiled list of Popular Payment Gateways is given below:
Our top position is occupied by the most trustworthy and secure American company, PayPal. You must have used it for sure. It’s the oldest organization that has offered payment services to companies, independent contractors, and customers. and individuals. They offer online payment services as an alternative to conventional payment methods like checks.
PayPal provides the best user experience and smooth transactions. Hence it is a popular choice of users. It’s a flexible application that is run on mobile too. So you can access it from anywhere any time.
- It is one of the most user-friendly online payment applications.
- Stores all the information regarding all the transactions performed by the users.
- Easy to maintain the invoices.
- Protects from external attacks with an encryption feature.
- You won’t have to pay any charges for transferring money to your family and friends.
- Credit flow suggests a fee reduction.
- Account freezing also results in credit loss.
- Transferring credit from PayPal to a bank account incurs an additional charge.
- If unexpected activity is detected on the application, then the account gets frozen without any warning.
PayU is the number 2 payment gateway option that is used in the business to make bigger transactions easier. It is one of the leading and most Popular Payment Gateways in India. It is also recognized as PayU money. It’s a fin-tech organization that has expanded in more than 15 countries.
With over 450000 merchants on board are aiming to issue an ecosystem with high ease, quick activation, and zero complexity.
Furthermore, it accepts over 100 international currencies and offers a variety of payment methods such as UPI, EMI, net banking cards, Wallets, and so on.
- Facilities with no downtime and higher conversion rates.
- Simple integration due to user-friendly plugins, SDKs, and APIs.
- Immediate activation with little details required.
- You can have the best transaction experience with features like OTP reading, dynamic switching, and magic retry.
- Repeated transactions might be caused by poor signal and technological issues.
- It features an intricate price structure.
- The expenses of transactions are not completely apparent.
Stripe is also one of the most demanded and Popular Payment Gateways that is used by millions of users around the globe. It is specifically used by eCommerce companies. A simple but highly featured gateway supports all kinds of cards such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB(Japan), and Union Pay (China).
- Pre-built APIs and other developer tools are ready to implement.
- Flat-rate pricing that is predictable.
- Outstanding subscription tools are available.
- Support for several currencies
- It needs Technical understanding to use an application.
- Account stability issues can arise during any transaction.
- Not suitable for high-risk industries.
Instamojo a new name that you are becoming aware of. It is considered one of the most desired eCommerce applications for online payment transactions. In this case, a business person needs to register and create their business accounts. It’s super easy to install and use.
- For quick configurations, you just need to provide the answers to a few simple questions. It helps to set up your account.
- No need for a web-based application to embed.
- You won’t have to pay any maintenance fee.
- Credit cards, debit cards, net banking, UPI, NEFT, and wallets are all acceptable payment methods.
- You have to pay a transaction fee of 2% + Rs 3/ transaction applies.
- It is not compatible with international transactions.
5. Amazon Pay
Feeling happy to read this name?
Yes, you must be. We know that Amazon Pay is the favorite application of most of the users. It’s a reputed brand among the other Popular Payment Gateways. It’s fast and trustworthy. It is particularly introduced for Amazon shoppers and sellers too.
Customer Satisfaction is the primary goal of Amazon Pay. In addition to this, It also focuses on the privacy and security of the customers. Due to this tight security, Amazon wants to maintain its customer relationship management to grow its business worldwide and be consistently in the top position.
- Check out several websites with ease.
- Helps in increasing conversion rates and offering various consumer-centric schemes.
- A simple deployment for Shopify users is issued.
- A reliable safety system is available.
- High processing rate, which might be costly for high-volume merchants.
- Payment clearing might take more than two business days sometimes, which is frustrating for many sellers and buyers.
- Freezes and terminations are common on frequent accounts.
Authorize.Net is the number next in the list of leading and Popular Payment Gateways. It can be easily integrated with digital payment services such as Visa Checkout, Apple Pay, and PayPal.
One of the oldest gateways is a reliable application for frequent transactions. Furthermore, it accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, and JCB credit cards.
- In this, you can specify which email notifications you want to receive for individual transactions and at the end of the day.
- Credit card and digital Provider support
- A wide variety of currencies are accepted.
- It can be used by any type of business.
- The website has a terrible user interface. working with developers can be challenging.
- Some users may be perplexed by all-in-one solutions.
- It becomes annoying after a while since it requests unneeded credit card information.
Now here we come to the end of the article. Skrill is our last payment gateway. You will be surprised once you know its range of money transfer services. It accepts 40 fiat currencies spanning over 200 countries.
A user-friendly interface of the application is best for the transaction of small businesses. It is a completely secure and fully licensed platform. One of the most affordable and Popular Payment Gateways will be available to you with minimum charges.
- The application is available in 200 countries.
- It can function with multiple forexes and online gaming accounts.
- When money is sent straight to the bank, there is no extra transfer cost you need to pay.
- It’s a mobile-friendly application which is very simple to use.
- Performs purchase and sell cryptocurrency.
- Currency conversion rates are high for ‘Skrill to Skrill’ transfers.
- Fee structure and policies are complicated.
- Getting completely operational can be a time-consuming, demanding, and exhausting process.
Picking up the most suitable gateway tool for the business you represent can be a difficult decision. But it is made easier when you have ample knowledge about all the features of each product.
The easiest method to select the proper payment gateway tool is to evaluate all of your needs and keep in mind the things you must consider before making a decision.
We just hope the popular Payment Gateways that we have discussed in this article may prove useful for you to decide. Still, if you think so, you can obtain more other gateways available in the market.
Additionally, integrating these gateways seamlessly into your business website is crucial. To ensure a professional and visually appealing online presence, consider using premium WordPress themes. These themes can enhance the look and functionality of your website, making it more attractive to your customers.