To get into blogging, it is now very easy to start a blog. However, the only thing that you need to pay attention to is to choose the right platform for building your blog. This often ends up in picking up between WordPress vs Blogger.
WordPress is a fully-featured Content Management System (CMS) created for building websites. Blogger, on the other hand, is a simple service enabling its user to create a blog and go online with their blog immediately. Each one of them has its own pros and cons which is necessary for you to know before you make your choice. Our best WordPress themes are feature-rich and are regularly updated so that your website is always Well sanitized as per WordPress standards.
WordPress vs Blogger: Pros And Cons
As both these platforms are introduced to us, let us dig a little deeper and try to know about the advantages and disadvantages of both of them. We will first start with WordPress and will move to Blogger eventually. Do keep in mind that this isn’t a comprehensive list but here most relevant pros and cons to a first-time blog creator are discussed. Also, Buy Premium WordPress themes in the sale today from VWthemes.
Pros of WordPress:
- When you compare WordPress vs Blogger, getting started with a blog using WordPress is a quick and easy process even though it needs a bit more work to be done than Blogger.
- It is extremely beginner-friendly as anyone who is starting for the first time is easy to learn.
- You will get hundreds of customization options with the themes and in the form of plugins that will enable you to transform and shape your website into something that you have always wanted.
- WordPress makes it quite easy for advanced users to add custom code and complex features to the blog.
Cons of WordPress:
- A small monetary investment is a need in order to start a WordPress website. Though you can find a free WP hosting service, it is generally not recommended.
- It is totally up to you to ensure that your WP site performs well and is secure.
Now, let us take a look at Blogger.
Pros Of Blogger:
- You can literally create a blog within a matter of minutes as Blogger makes it very simple and quick for you to get started.
- You will be able to learn how you can create the content and make use of all the primary features right away.
- Here, you won’t be needing a hosting plan that is why Blogger is a 100% free solution.
- Though limited, there are options for customizing and giving your blog a personalized touch.
Cons Of Blogger:
- It comes with a very basic functionality so you can’t do much with it apart from creating a standard blog and posting your content on it.
- You do not get so many customization options for customizing the appearance of your blog and the features are also very restricted. Similarly, there are also restrictions for adding custom code.
- As your content is sitting on Google’s servers, you don’t fully own your content.
- When we compare WordPress vs Blogger, you can see that Blogger clearly shines as far as getting your blog up and running is concerned. While in terms of customization, WordPress steals the show.
Choosing Between WordPress vs Blogger
Given the choice for Blogger and WordPress, you should know which one to choose since both are useful for certain types of users and their use also depends upon what your requirements are.
If you are someone who wants to get your blog up and running with immediate effect, Blogger is going to be more useful. It may be your go-to solution if your aim is to get a simple hobby blogging platform. You hardly have to pay even a single penny to get started and using Blogger doesn’t make you concerned about the hosting or other technical considerations.
But you should not forget to know about the restrictive nature of Blogger. You will get limited options while customizing the blog according to your liking. If you are eyeing your blog to be a part of some larger website then Blogger won’t have such features that you will need in the future.
So whenever there is a question of WordPress vs Blogger, mostly people who are creating a new blog go for WordPress. It costs a very little initial investment and it is fast as well as friendly for beginners. With WP, you can have a blog ready and running within minutes and this is quite easy to learn and grasp.
Eventually, WordPress is always a better option if you want to build a basic blog you always have the scope of future expansion with WordPress and you can easily add new features to it. You get all the options at your fingertips.
Conclusion On WordPress vs blogger:
For those who are looking for a beginner-friendly blogging environment then Blogger is preferable. But for those who want a long-term solution in the form of a premium-level blog and have things under control, then WordPress is definitely the go-to option.
VWTHEMES Presenting you a WordPress bundle, A collection of themes enriched with demanding features anyone could ask for with greater support.