In today’s digital era, the conventional marketing strategies have fallen and the digital marketplace has superseded them. Now, your website is the first touchpoint where your potential customers get introduced to your business. According to statistics, it takes less than a second or two for any user to form an opinion about your site and your services, and whether they are liking it or not. As your audience makes a decision in a split second, you expect your website to be fully effective and dedicated to providing an outstanding user experience by keeping things straightforward, simple to users. In this blog, we will see proven ways to enhance website user experience.
What Do You Understand By User Experience?
User Experience (UX) is nothing but the overall experience of the person or user that includes the user’s thoughts, opinions, and feelings about how a website or any application is working or functioning. While there are many businesses that consider the importance of having a website, very few of them fully understand what it takes to enhance the website user experience.
A few years ago, a lot of businesses used their websites merely as a medium of advertising. However, today’s audience expects much more than just basic info such as an address, phone number, etc.
Why Is There A Need To Enhance Website User Experience?
As users are now expecting much more from your website in terms of functionality, better usability, and better digital response, they want business owners to create such websites that give targeted and custom user experiences, are easily accessible and simple to use, present a rich content that is relevant and shows every detail that will help them to know your the service or product well.
A recent study shows there are almost 97% of small business websites are not so effective in grabbing users’ attention or fail to provide a satisfying user experience. They need to be redesigned and work in a direction to enhance website user experience to serve the customers in a much better way.
What Should You Do To Enhance Website User Experience?
You might wonder what you can do in order to enhance website user experience. There are a few key factors that can transform your website to a much better, effective, sleek and advanced marketing site from a relic.
1. A Clean Web Design
On average, 15 seconds or less are spent by any visitor on a website. However, this number is seen to improve by 20% when the design of a website makes best appropriate use of the whitespace.
A minimalist, simple, and cleanly designed website makes it easy for the user to find the info they are looking for. A cutter-free design with unnecessary elements allows the true purpose of your business to shine.
This design grabs your users’ attention by impressing them. It is likely to increase the time the user spends on your website.
2. Ensure You Have Quick Loading Pages
- Your business website should not cause your visitors to wait for long. It should fully load within seconds.
- Make use of optimized images and try to keep the file size of the images to a minimum as this impacts the load time of your website.
- For managing your content and for its fast delivery, implementing a CDN will be great.
- When you use page-level caching, it will allow your site to load much faster ultimately helping you to enhance the website user experience.
3. Updating Your Site
- Website is always your first impression when a visitor or potential customer visits your page. That is why it is necessary to make sure that your website is always updated with the latest content and information.
- The content present on 25% of small business websites is hardly updated even in a year. To ensure that the visitors keep coming back to your website again and again, you need to keep adding and updating new content via articles, videos, photos, etc.
4. Mobile-Friendly Websites
- Mobile phones have now become the prime medium of receiving huge traffic on websites.
- By making your site mobile-friendly and responsive, you can make sure that you are channelizing the traffic coming from mobile phone users.
- While designing your website, you need to consider how your website will look and perform on various devices such as desktops, tablets, smartphones and then prioritize the content accordingly.
5. Keep Things Simple
- The success of any website lies in its simplicity. Simplicity implies not only the look of your website but also how easily and simply your visitors can use it. The navigation, registration process, adding products to the cart, checkout flows, everything needs to be taken into consideration. Every user should be easily able to fully access your website and it is your responsibility to test your site with people with various understanding levels.
- Soliciting the feedback from your visitors or customers can easily help you to build your email list or database. You need to find out ways that will keep your audience engaged. You can consider offering discount coupons, relevant information, and other things that the audience finds engaging.
- You can increase the conversion rate of forms by keeping unnecessary fields away. You should clearly state what is optional and what is required. This is a good way to enhance the website user experience.
6. Effective Use Of Call To Action
- The basic idea behind adding Call To Action buttons to websites is to improve conversion rates as these buttons are useful to generate purchases, get new leads and subscribers. -The placement of CTAs and their appearance should be such that visitors should easily catch them.
- It is a better practice to keep Call To Action buttons at one or two per page and not to overload your visitors with tasks.
7. Try To include Fewer Pop-ups
- Popups are known for improving conversions and at the same time, they are also very annoying. They block the content and practices, they force the users to take the action. However, the visitor’s reaction to such annoying pop-ups is that they leave the site.
- Not to forget that pop-ups look awful on mobile phones. So as far as you are looking to enhance website user experience, you need to keep in mind that less is more. This also doesn’t direct you to remove all the pop-ups but there should be a limit. You should take care that pop-ups should notify and not annoy.
These are some of the ways that will help you enhance website user experience. But bear in mind that these are only a few ways. You should constantly keep on monitoring as well as analyzing your website to find other ways and see what works the best.